g In Services to understand how your personal information is used.
If you are a minor less than 13 years old, please do not register for t we do not employ or manage.
Information You Give Us. We collect information you give us through Just Checking In Services and when you register for and use Just Checking In Services. Examples include the following:
● Registration and Profile Information. When you register to use Just Checking In
Services or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including your name, phone number, sms addresses, photos and email addresses. It might also include locations, information about emergencies and incidents and contact details of your friends, family and guardians.
● Information we collect when you interact with Just Checking In Services. We collect personal information of the actions taken while using or interacting with Just Checking In Services such as adding emergency contacts to Safety Network, location information or information related to emergencies and incidents and communications that occur during and after such events. When you use Just Checking In Services, we automatically collect information from your browser or mobile platform including your browser type, location, IP address, as well as the pages you visit. We may retain the details of transactions or payments you make on or related to Just Checking In Services.
● Location Information. Location of another user using Just Checking In Services can only be done by you if such positioning services are permitted by applicable law and
(i) the user is a minor and you are the parent or legal guardian of such user or a third party administrator authorized by a parent or legal guardian of such user, or (ii) the user is not a minor and the user has explicitly agreed that you may use Just Checking In Services for user location purposes. Just Checking In may log and store certain information about your use of Just Checking In’s Service, including but not limited to time stamps for a check in tracker. Such information shall be logged and stored for billing and customer support purposes only.
● Payment Information. If you choose to use a paid Just Checking In account or service, our payment processing vendor collects your credit card information and billing address.
● Submissions and Customer Service. From time to time we may request personal or demographic information and customer feedback.
● Outside Services and Applications. Through Just Checking In Services, parents or legal guardians on behalf of their children may choose to access outside services and applications, such as Facebook and other social networks. When you do, you may be able to import information from those other services and applications and share content from the Just Checking In Services with those outside services and applications. Some of those third party services may also provide us with information from your accounts which may enable us to enhance and personalize your use of Just Checking In Services. If parents or legal guardians on behalf of their children choose to use these outside services or applications on Just Checking In Services, the information you share with those outside services and applications will be covered by their privacy policies. Parents or legal guardians on behalf of their children may opt in or out of accessing outside services and applications at any time.
● Automatically Collected Information. We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with Just Checking In Services and communications.
For example, it is standard for your Web browser to automatically send information to every Web site you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring Web site addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you.
In general, we use your personal information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of and our administration and operation of Just Checking In Services, and to otherwise provide Just Checking In Services and serve you and our users. For example, we may use your personal information:
● to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve our
publications, products and Just Checking In Services;
● to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, offers from Just Checking In or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
● to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of Just Checking In Services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints;
to perform after sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services from Just Checking In that better meet your needs; and
● for other purposes about which we notify you.
Sharing of Personal Information
Inviting family, friends and guardians to join: When you ask us to invite a friend, family member, or other guardian to join the Just Checking In Services, we may send such person a message on your behalf using your name and contact details. The invitation may also contain information about other users such person might know. We may also send reminders to them in your name. Only invite people you know with their permission to do so.
Network and Information Security
Just Checking In takes reasonable steps to protect information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems or the systems of third party storage providers through Just Checking In Services are maintained at adequate levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information. Your account information and access to our service is accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Just Checking In may send you communications or data regarding Just Checking In Services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of Just Checking In Services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our products and services. You may optout of receiving promotional emails from Just Checking In by following the optout instructions provided in those emails. You may also optout of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing admin@JustCheckingIn.co with your specific request. Optout requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and services. Parents or legal guardians on behalf of their children may also select or disable certain features of Just Checking In Services, such as Facebook login or location services, by accessing your account and changing your preferences.